Monday, November 21, 2011

secret gardens







1.: jardin lapin ouvrier, 14th arrondisement

I've always thought of Paris as a green city, meaning there are so many groomed parks with wide lawns and varied borders and little landscaped niches everywhere.  There are allées with arching lime trees and graveled walks. In some parks there is an extravagance of roses, a profusion of asters, or an horitcultural biodiversity.  Not only is this a city of architecturual beauty and grandeur, but one of landscape architecture elegance and grace.

I was in a shop in Montreal.  On the shelf was a little book called Secret Paris.  Knowing I would be in that city in just a few weeks, I flipped through the pages.  The booked opened to a section about Paris gardens.  Not just the beautiful gardens we already knew about in the Luxembourg, or Bois de Bologne, or the King's herb garden at the Jardins des Plantes, or at Rodin's museum.  But social, communal, working neighborhood gardens.  Part of our quest in the city this visit has been to wander through the arrondisements and find these little gems.  Our map has been laid out by www.jardinons-ensemble.org.

-Deirdre

2 comments:

bogholderkompagniet said...

My spouse and I stumbled over here from a different web address and thought I may as well check things out. I like what I see so now i am following you. Look forward to finding out about your web page for a second time.
best deals melbourne

Mary Regali said...

I simply wanted to make a small remark to appreciate you for some of the lovely strategies you are giving out here. My considerable internet research has at the end of the day been recognized with beneficial content to write about with my friends and family. I would suppose that most of us website visitors are undeniably blessed to live in a fine place with so many brilliant individuals with very beneficial tips and hints. I feel really blessed to have seen the webpage and look forward to some more thrilling times reading here. Thanks a lot once more for a lot of things.
hospitality timber serving ware